Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Catching up....


We have been home with our little one for 6 weeks now, and boy, I forgot how busy life with a baby can be! This little girl has completely stolen our hearts. She has the sweetest little personality. I've never met an 18 month old with a sense of humor, but she really does have one. It's so funny...she does things just to get a laugh. Sometimes I'll get her all dressed to get ready to take the big girls to school, and I'll turn around and she is standing there with her pants off, just cracking up. Or if I get out the hairbrush, she'll start running from me and giggling. Or if I start to brush her teeth, she'll open her mouth wide and say "ahhhhh", and then when the brush is an inch from her mouth she'll snap her mouth shut and laugh. I could just eat her up she's so cute. :) That doesn't mean she's always an angel though. She can throw tantrums like a pro. They were much more often at first...due to all the changes and transitions, I'm sure. Also, she's had a bunch of teeth coming in, which didn't help. She's definitely settling in now, though, so the tantrums are lessening. She's also a little possessive. Let one of her sisters take a toy from her and she can stand up for herself. Haha. If I hold one of the big girls on my lap, she comes over and tries to push them off my lap. She calls me Mama all the time, and my husband Dada, so I think she's aware of who we are. She also says her name and her sisters' names. She's very, very smart for her age. I am amazed at how quickly she learns. She mimics us all the time, and she understands everything we say. She is starting to use English words correctly, too. She is a little sponge. I love her so, so much...I can't believe how blessed I am. How appropriate that next week is Thanksgiving.